Maintain a Healthy dietHealthy diet is the potential mean of boosting your immune functions. Consuming low-fat content diet, vegetables (with high vitamin content) and dietary fibers may help in boosting immunity. It keeps your body healthy along with keeping a check on your body weight. As obesity leads to a number of diseases also including the risk of infections, avoid oily or junk food and stay healthy.
Consume vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidantsNormally we fail to consume micro-nutrients (nutrients that are needed in minuscule amount but are extremely important for our body) such as Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, magnesium, zinc and many more. These vitamins and minerals help in drastic improvement in immune system.
- Edibles including sweet peppers, oranges, lemons, tomato, broccoli and strawberries are a good source for Vitamin C
- Vegetable oils (sunflower and olive), nuts and seeds, spinach and broccoli are a potential source of vitamin E
- Beta-carotenes rich foods include: potatoes, carrots and green leafy vegetables.
- Major sources for zinc include whole milk and grain products, red meat and poultry, nuts (cashews and almond), pumpkin seeds, beans, lentils and sesame seeds etc.
- Research has shown that Vitamin D intake may decrease the possibility of viral infections. Potential sources of vitamin D include fortified cereals and plant based milks and supplements.